Welcome, fellow wizard, to the Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event!
The next special event for Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is coming today, July 16th. The first portion of the event will last for one week, running to July 23rd. A second week of the event will begin on July 30th through to August 6th.
Here is the official in-game description of the event:
An unusually high number of Harry Potter-related Foundables is being reported. Minister Granger theorizes that a recent Daily Prophet feature about Harry’s involvement with the SOS Task Force may be the cause.
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event: Event Times
The first week of event will begin today, July 16th, at 11am pacific time and run through to July 23rd, 11am pacific time.
The second week of the event will begin July 30th at 11am pacific time and run through to August 6th, 11am pacific time.
The time zone converter website can tell you what time this will be in your timezone! Simply type 11am pacific time into the first box, and your nearest city in the second box.
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event: Event Details
As with the Fantastic Flora and Fauna event, there will be a special event registry page to complete. As before, you will be able to find fragments of these foundables in different locations.
Some will be available through wild encounters, whereas others will be obtained from wizarding challenges in fortresses and through the special assignments set.
There are different special assignments and registry pages for both weeks of the event.
Restricted Section Books
Restricted Section Books will be available to collect during the special event! As with Fantastic Flora and Fauna, there will be 15 more restricted section books available for each week of the event, so 30 in total.
Special event runestones will be available each time you ‘rank up’ the Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event’s registry page. Using these runestones in fortresses will reward you with fragments for the registry.
Editors Update: There was an issue in Week 1 of the event with the Weasley Jumper not dropping from completed wizarding challenges. This has been addressed by the Wizards Unite support team and fragments are dropping much more often now.
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event: Foundable Locations
The Brilliant Foundables for this event can be found in the following locations:
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event: Event Rewards
The following table shows you the tasks you will need to complete under special assignments and the reward given for doing so.
(WEEK ONE SECTION ONE)
(WEEK ONE SECTION TWO)
(WEEK ONE SECTION THREE)
(WEEK ONE SECTION FOUR)
Editors Update: The tasks for week two of the event have changed recently and the below lists have been updated. The tasks look a little bit tougher now!
(WEEK TWO SECTION ONE)
(WEEK TWO SECTION TWO)
(WEEK TWO SECTION THREE)
(WEEK TWO SECTION FOUR)
Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event: Event Tips
- Make full use of the Baruffio’s Brain Elixir potion whenever you can; you can expect to receive 1000+ XP per completed Hedwig and Quidditch Harry! (Editors Update: Sadly, this got nerfed, but you can still wrack up some good XP…just not as good.)
- Try and keep your ingredients for potions well stocked and choose to brew 2 hour potions to complete the brew potion tasks faster.
- Save 3-4 silver keys for the special 7km portkeys. You will need these to fill out the registry page as well.
- Save some 2km portkeys for a quick unlock to complete the portkey special assignment tasks.
- DO NOT waste higher tier potions (Dawdle Draughts and Potent Estimulo) on the wild encounters. If the first part of this event is anything to go by, you will find plenty!
- Check out our guide on how to perform masterful spell casts for help on regularly hitting great spells for one of the tasks, and also hitting more masterful spells.
We hope this guide to the Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event gives you all the info you need to have a successful time!
We will update this guide as and when new information becomes available. Have we missed something? Contact us and let us know!